Art Gallery of Ontario -
About the AGO:
- More than 80,000 works spanning the 1st century to the present
- One of the largest galleries in North America and one of Canada’s most distinguished art museums
- Experience the stunning Frank Gehry-designed building featuring the Galleria Italia promenade, floating spiral staircases, and striking, light-filled interiors
- Dramatic views of the city and Grange Park
- Free unlimited admission to the collections and most special exhibitions during regular gallery hours for a full year PLUS get free coat check!
- Includes 10% discounts and other seasonal offers at shopAGO, the Café and at FRANK – the AGO restaurant
- Invitations to Members-Only Exhibition previews and special events
- Great discounts on education programs (lectures, kids camps and classes)
- Exclusive access to the beautiful Norma Ridley Members’ Lounge
- Free subscription to Art Matters magazine and our monthly ‘What’s On’ e-newsletter
- Visit the current exhibitions for free! Alex Colville (August 23, 2014 – January 4, 2015) and Michelangelo (October 18, 2014 – January 11, 2015). Members see both for free!
- Upcoming exhibitions include Art Spiegelman's CO-MIX: A Retrospective (December 20, 2014 - March 15, 2015) and Jean-Michel Basquiat: Now's the Time (February 7 - May 10, 2015)
- Members can book their free tickets online for special exhibitions and avoid the line-ups
- Return again and again to reconnect with art, architecture, and the city!
- For more information, visit the Membership Page
Description & Reviews
"This gallery is one of the most beautiful spaces I've had the pleasure of being in. It inspired me to become a member several years ago and it's one of my favourite places in this city. I can't say enough about the AGO...I can confidently say that the AGO is a world-class art gallery. If you're visiting Toronto or living here, the AGO is an institution worthy of our support."
- Shannon F.
"The Art Gallery of Ontario is a fantastic place for art lovers in the city, particularly those who enjoy Canadian Art, as well as a special and steady diet of fun exhibitions."
- Brandon C.
"One of the great ones, worth joining. I love the expansive permanent exhibit, the great architecture, the layout. I can come here just to relax, notice new details, wander with music on headphones, and stop for tea. The special exhibits may be bigger or smaller, but over the year there are always some of very high artistic and experiential value. Well OK. Some are downright fun."
- Jonas K.
"I am a member of AGO and I love it. Does it pay to be a member? Yes. We, my niece and I, love the member's lounge - good place to wind down after a two hour visit. I do not know about you but there is something hypnotic about museums, I feel dizzy after two hours. But in a good way :)."
- Jorge L.
- Membership vouchers purchased through Buytopia must be activated by 11:59pm on December 30, 2014
- This promotion is for Family level memberships only - includes 2 membership cards for the two named adult cardholders and up to 5 children ages 17 and under
- Limit 1 voucher for yourself, 3 as gifts
- Voucher number must be redeemed online at http://www.ago.net/buytopia-ago-membership
- Membership expires one year after activation date
- New members only, not valid for existing members or those who have been members in past 12 months
- Membership is not transferrable
- Not valid towards the purchase of gift cards
- Taxes included
- No cash back or credit with Buytopia
- After December 30, 2014, non-redeemed voucher value can be redeemed towards a full priced Family membership in person at the AGO